Maybelline Color Tattoo Review

18:43

Hello lovely ladies, 

For a long time, I hestitated to using cream shadows, I thought they would crease the eyes or leave a sticky texture; however, a few years back, I gave the Maybelline Color Tattoos a shot.  The thing that attracted me to buy them was their adorable glass jar packaging; however, after having purchased them I realised how much of a change they allowed me in my makeup routine.  

(From L to R: Bad to the Bronze, Painted Purple, Tough As Taupe, Barely Branded, Audacious Asphalt) 

I've always been prone to having smudged eye makeup and panda eyes at the end of a long day but these cream shadows offer my eye makeup long lasting power as they are an amazing base for other powder eye shadows.  


I usually gravitate to these cream shadows when I know I have a long day ahead of me; my routine goes as so (only on days when I will not be able to reapply makeup);
  1. Apply an eye shadow primer- I use an eye shadow primer by the brand Essence which can be found at Priceline, however, I believe it may have been discontinued :( , if not, any other eye shadow primer will do the job just fine.
  2. Then, I apply my Maybelline Color Tattoo when the eye shadow primer is dry on the eye lids.  To apply my Maybelline Color Tattoo, I usually like to use an applicator (the ones that usually come with eye shadow quads and palettes); we all know they don't usually come into any use when we buy palettes, however, it does apply the shadow without getting it all over your fingers.  Alternatively, applying with fingers is just as easy.  (Don't worry if it looks messy, its just the base :) )
  3. Afterwards, apply your powder eyeshadows as you desire to create an all day eye makeup look.

Below are my three favourite Maybelline Color Tattoos that I am able to use with various different makeup looks as they are neutral, versatile makeup bases.  'Bad to the Bronze' and 'Barely Branded' both have a shimmery finish, 'Tough as Taupe' has a matte finish with no shimmer.
 (Left to Right: Bad to the Bronze, Tough as Taupe, Barely Branded)

(Top left- Bad to the Bronze, Top Right- Tough as Taupe, Bottom- Barely Branded)

These glass jars do contain a decent amount of product and have lasted me quite a while; I am yet to repurchase any.

 (L to R: Tough as Taupe, Bad to the Bronze, Barely Branded)
As you can see in the swatches above, the shadows can be quite pigmented, depending on the look you are going for.  (the swatches range from 1-2 swipes using my finger, not the applicator).  Personally I like to have my bases more sheer.  To get a sheerer finish, simply pick up less on the applicator and blend away on the lids using minimal product, remember more is less! :) 

BARELY BRANDED 

TOUGH AS TAUPE 

BAD TO THE BRONZE


Last but not least, I hope this post finds you well and provides you with handy tips on using cream shadows :)

Take Care,
       Leonie x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images