Maybelline SuperStay 14HR Lipsticks Review

18:58

Hello lovely ladies, 

Today I'd like to share with you a product that has amazed me beyond my expectations.  I never really paid much attention to these lipsticks in stores; however, after seeing a friend wear a beautiful baby pink shade from the Maybelline SuperStay 14HR Lipstick range, I decided to experiment with these lipsticks that I had always chosen to bypass in the makeup aisles of the drugstore.  

(Lipsticks (L to R): Eternal Rose, Fuchsia Forever, Til Mauve Do Us Part, Perpetual Peony) 


The Maybelline SuperStay 14HR Lipsticks have adorable packaging and are the perfect size to store in a clutch on a night out or just to keep in your day-to-day handbag.

Although not stated on the packaging, through my own experience, the color payoff is more matte than sheen and they also last a long time on the lips, especially if you use a lipliner prior to applying the lipstick.  The formula of the lipstick keeps moisture in the lips and keeps them looking opaque throughout the day (even after I eat).

One of the perks that I really love about these lipsticks is that they smell incredible.  The scent is sweet and they smell delicious.  (It was actually the first thing I realised when I purchased them haha). 

The only con about these lipsticks is that they do not have enough of a color range.  Besides that, I absolutely adore these lipsticks and they are by far, my favourite lip products from Maybelline.  


ETERNAL ROSE (above) : This color is a vibrant pink-rose color.  This lipstick is opaque and is definitely a perfect summer color or even a lovely shade to wear on a winters day to brighten up a dull outfit.


FUCHSIA FOREVER (above): This color has a tad more sheen than the others mentioned in this blogpost.  It is a beautiful sultry, fuchsia shade that gives your lips more depth with a berry infused shade.


MAUVE DO US PART (above): This is one of my favourite colors in the range.  It is such a wearable color that is dark yet neutral; perfect to match any type of eye makeup or outfit combination.  This is definitely one of my go-to shades when I'm not sure which lipstick to choose.  Mauve is definitely a safe choice if you dare to wear a darker lip.  

PERPETUAL PEONY (above): This is the first lipstick in the range I purchased.  It is such a lovely baby pink on the lips and has minimal tints of lilac (not seen in the picture).  The finish looks almost matte and is a must have in everyone's lipstick collection.  

All the shades in this range are shown on the Maybelline Website and they can be purchased at any retail store that stocks Maybelline products.

As per usual, I hope this post finds you well and encourages you to experiment with different lip products and shades.  Lipstick isn't permanent so why not try a dark lip or a neutral lip every now and then :)

Take Care, 
       Leonie x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images